Acquisition Senior Planning Analyst
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group and is one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in France, the UK, Germany and Italy. In the UK we have approximately 15,000 employees. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy. We produce about one-fifth of the nation’s electricity from our nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat and power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a ‘bright’ future for the combined business and its employees.
Business Unit Overview EDF Energy’s Customers business is the public face of EDF Energy. We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume. We also run customer facing activities including field sales and meter reading services. Our approach to Customers is driven by our sustainability agenda, which means we behave as a socially and environmentally responsible company. We are the largest business unit within EDF Energy with over 8,000 employees spread across 50 locations. Working in a competitive marketplace means we need high performing people who have the skills, experience, systems knowledge and leadership abilities to help us stay ahead of our competitors.
Vacancy Overview The Senior Acquisition Planning Analyst has responsibility for setting and implementation of EDF Energy’s acquisition strategy and plan to acquire new customers. Products sold are energy and gas supply or other energy services such as insulation installation and micro-generation products. The role will focus primarily on energy supply, but may look at how other energy related services or obligations intersect with marketing strategy.
Channel mix plays an important part of acquisition strategy and setting direction over the long and medium term for development of channels will be an important aspect to the role working with Channel Performance and Optimisation and Customer Experience Design and Delivery teams to define opportunities and prioritise. Channels include online and offline direct response marketing, retail sales, face to face sales and telemarketing.
The post holder will need to be able to take a robust analytical view of the current and potential future acquisition activities and markets, but crucially, this must be coupled with an ability to translate into communicable, actionable and measurable targets and deliverables. An innovative approach to acquisition development coupled with the drive to deliver change is required to identify and initiate new opportunities. Strong drive and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across the organisation are required.
A key area for the team will be to work with Commercial teams on product planning and forecasting sales. Support will be required for setting forecasts from the MTP to short term decisions on price points relating competitiveness in the energy market to sales that can be derived and linking with Customer Development planning for overall growth forecasts including transfers and losses.
The person appointed will be strong commercially with high analytical ability. They will also have good knowledge of the core drivers of customer value. They will work as part of a small high calibre team and must have excellent communication and influencing skills and will be a strong team player.
Nature and Scope Dimensions
• Customer growth. Growing customer base through acquiring >400k new customers per year
• Value creation – drive profitable growth. Integral to business target of growing £100-£200m EBITDA over next 3 years
• Key contributions to plan acquisition budget of >£60m across all products and channels
• Forecast of future acquisition performance driving energy purchase and supplier deals
Assist in setting the strategic vision for acquisition and development of acquisition plan.
Ensure the acquisition strategy optimises the mix of value and volume in line with the overall MTP. Identify and assess new opportunities to be developed
Optimise of the mix of sales to deliver best long term value for EDF Energy from customer acquisition activity, including hitting growth targets. Assess impact of new opportunities including retail partnerships.
Assist in the recommendation of routes to maximising value as part of the channel optimisation process. Develop and implement actions to improve the lifetime value of new customers. Work with Finance on understanding of sales value by product, segment and channel
Assist in acquisition budget planning, deployment and monitoring opex. Carry out business casing for acquisition investment.
Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge & Experience
• A strong strategic thinker who is highly numerate and analytical with a proven track record of commercial acumen to deliver not only volume but also value
• Knowledge of direct marketing, sales channels, applying targeting and segmentation, customer value drivers and modelling - all very useful
• Proven ability to model new business cases
• High potential career growth with clearly established profile in current organisation (e.g. internal promotion)
• Strong team skills with proven track record of being part of a successful team
• Strong interpersonal skills including communicating, negotiation and influencing plus experience of delivering results through teamwork, and developing strong networks across the business
• Entrepreneurial mindset to seek out and drive new opportunities
• Ability to write succinct management memos (1 page exec reports) and presentations
• Experience influencing Directors and Heads Of Department directly
Qualifications & Skills
• Educated to degree level preferably in highly numerate degree
• Experience in commercial or marketing department of major organisation or consultancy
Employment Type Full Time
Employment Period Permanent
Location South East
Contractual Location Hove
Salary Range TBC
Career Area Business Analysis
Retail / Sales
Removal Date 30-Sep-2014
Job posted on 18 September 2014.
Please mention Ethical Jobs while applying for this position.