Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party
Creative Associates International
Closing date: 27 Mar 2015
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The objective of the five year project (“MERIT”) is to support Malawi Government’s aim to increase the reading skills of 5.58 million primary school students in Malawi by focusing resources, encouraging innovation, and striving to meet the global need for improved access to a quality education over the life of the five year strategy, through: (a) improving reading instruction in the primary grades; (b) increasing parental and community support for student reading; and, finally, (c) improving the policy environment for reading. Creative is looking to assemble a strong team whose combined skills and experience can achieve these goals. Creative is currently seeking candidates for the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party positions.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Demonstrated experience scaling up activities of similar scope, in a context similar to Malawi.
· A demonstrated track record of achieving results in a development context. Specific and relevant development outcomes achieved as a result of the proposed COP’s and DCOP leadership must be well documented by the Contractor. Demonstrated management and supervisory experience of a relevant scope and scale. The COP and DCOP must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract management.
· Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships. Effective partnerships and coordination with relevant institutions and structures are critical to MERIT’s success. Specific instances when the COP and DCOP has formed, led or participated in relevant partnerships must be well documented by the Contractor.
· Leadership in local capacity development. The COP and DCOP must have a demonstrated ability to provide oversight of local capacity development efforts, including working with local partners to ensure adherence to all sub-award requirements.
· Experience working within Malawi or a demonstrated understanding of the country context is desired.
· The COP and DCOP must have a demonstrated understanding of the technical activities MERIT will implement including improved instruction for primary grade reading outcomes, experience working with and within communities implementing activities of similar scope and scale, experience with reinforcing safer learning environments for children in early grades of primary education and a strong sense of demonstrated work experience institutionalizing activities with recipient governments. The COP and DCOP need not be a recognized expert in all of these areas but must have a combination of educational and work experience that clearly demonstrates an ability to provide effective overall technical leadership and oversight. Complementarity of technical understanding with the other key personnel is essential.
· A strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning. The COP and DCOP need not be an ME&L expert but must possess demonstrated experience in providing overall oversight for ME&L systems and assuring data quality.
· Strong communication abilities. Strong writing and communication abilities are essential; as both the COP and DCOP will hold ultimate responsibility for the quality and timeliness of MERIT reporting and communication efforts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants can apply by visiting the careers section of our website: www.creativeassociatesinternational.comor here:
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Creative Associates International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D .
Job posted on 27 February 2015.
Please mention Ethical Jobs while applying for this position.